Wednesday 20 July 2011

Crab Noodles in Milky Broth

Visited one restaurant in Toa Payoh for few times just for their signature crab noodles. For everytime I go, I can't stop thinking what are the ingredients that make up the tasty broth. Glad that I don't have to be headache cause I found the recipe from Rasa Malaysia! I do alter the recipe a bit to adjust to my tastebuds. Get a bit disappointed with the noodles that I got from the market here, would be perfect if I used the thick noodles for fish head bee hoon in Malaysia.Taste wise, trust me, this is real yummy.

Recipe for the Crab Noodles (2 serving):

2 servings of thick noodles
4 Tablespoon of butter
6 slices of ginger
3 cups of chicken broth
3/4 cup of evaporated milk
one big crab ( chopped big pieces)
bok choy
one stalk of scallions
salt and pepper to taste
one tablespoon of rice wine

Soak the thick noodles and boil them with hot water and set aside

Saute the ginger with the butter and pour in the chicken broth followed by the evaporated milk. Put in the crabs until they turn red and cooked. Season the broth with salt, pepper and rice wine. Add in the bok choy, noodles and scallion and bring them to a quick boil.

For the chicken broth, I used the chicken bones, it's up to you to use the chicken broth in a packet from supermarket. This crab noodles is best served in claypot.

2 comments:

  1. My dear...pls cook this to us when u r back to pg hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. can, but one request, can use ur kitchen?

    ReplyDelete