Tuesday 28 June 2011

Macaron with chocolate ganache

These pictures show my love for macarons...

Fell in love with macaron when I first encountered them in Paris. Was fascinated by the colourful shell and different combination of fillings. For those who know me well, I have a weakness for chocolate, especially dark chocolate. I chose to use 70% dark chocolate for this macaron just to balance up the sweetness from the macaron shell itself. After the 1001th of making it (lose count), I finally got the texture that I have been looking for long time, crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. So far the biggest hindrance for me is getting a macaron with the empty shell. Now, I start practising the italian meringue method as it seems like giving me the best result that I want. Used to be surprise on how much it costs for a macaron of course I do understand the reason behind now. :) 


Mini sized macaron

No comments:

Post a Comment